Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux
2009/8/5 Philip Stubbs <philip@???>:
> 2009/8/5 pavithran <pavithran.s@???>:
>> Disclaimer: PC world might have been doing this for long time . This
>> is the first time I ever set foot in a big computer shop . I know that
>> I can buy cheap netbooks online but I would like to touch and feel it
>> on a shop before buying .
>
> Do what we all do. Go to PC World to touch and feel it. Then go buy
> the same thing, for cheaper, on-line.

Maybe you didn't read my mail completely :P

There is no PC err netbook in PCworld to touch and feel just because
of the reason ( acoording to employee ) that those cheap netbooks come
with linux .

I can go online but I would like to check in a shop as said earlier
how the netbook screen is and how usable the keyboard is because they
are very important points while buying a netbook .

Looks like PC world is more for " PC" or enterprise customers cause ll
the products which I saw today are very costly . ( including PC's )

Yeah better off buying at amazon or ebay and trust the manufacturer
or some online review of the product huh .. but can I get to see cheap
laptops in london stores or do even they speak the same " PC world "
lingo ?

Regards,
Pavithran

--