Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer As…

Author: Chris. Aubrey-Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire One
2009/7/14 Sean Gibbins <sean@???>

> If you want a small, portable machine capable of running a full Linux
> distro with bells and whistles you should really expect to be paying a
> lot more for it than the £150 - £200 you can grab an Acer One for these
> days. My Dell D430 is just such a machine and costs £600-ish (work paid
> for it so I don't know exactly).

You should expect to pay....... How much??? My (second-hand) ThinkPad X30
(Debian Lenny) cost a little over £100 and runs everything I throw at it. I
bought it specifically after considering the various netbooks and concluding
that they represent poor value for money.

It fits the same docking stations as the other notebooks, too!

Chris.