Re: [Hampshire] Konsole

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Konsole
On Tuesday 07 Jul 2009, Stephen Rowles wrote:
> > Until a short time ago Konsole had options in the File menu for a "Root
> > tab" and a "Root MC tab" in addition to New tab and New Window. A
> > recent update removed the two 'Root' options, I suspect a bit of
> > ubuntization at work.
> >
> > I have got used to using Konsole and would like to have those
> > two options available. I have tried editing the konsoleui.rc in
> > ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole but all I succeeded in doing was to end up
> > with no options in the File menu, not at all what I intended ;-(
> >
> > So if there is anyone out there still using an old version of Konsole
> > that allows those two 'Root' tab options would they send me a copy of
> > the relevant konsoleui.rc file please.
>
> I just tried and the best I can come up with:
>
> Settings -> Manage Profiles...
> New Profile...
> Profile name: Root shell
> Command: /bin/bash -c "su -"

I would have tried it myself but I don't have KDE4 at work to play with. Your
suggestions is pretty much what I would have tried. I use sudo so I'd probably
use that but that's merely syntax.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
but that's no reason not to give it
    -- Agatha Christie