Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi co…

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi controller?
2009/7/1 john lewis <johnlewis@???>:
> regrettably I still got an error when I tried booting the 2.6.30
> kernel this morning
>
> failed to load image "advansys/mcode.bin" err-2

Interesting, my brain is telling me -2 is file not found, but I may be
wrong on that. Where exactly did you plop the files?

On Ubuntu they're in /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/advansys

But I have a vauge recollection that the system will also search
/lib/firmware too.

Be nice to get this working given it worked in the past, and the only
change it seems that Debian made is to yank the binary bits and bobs.

Unless it's just a bug that it can't load them for some reason. I
can't imagine debian block the loading of the firmware even though you
obtained it. That would smack of FSF-levels of 'freedom' imposing.

Cheers,
Al.