Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi c…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi controller?
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:00:20 +0100
James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???> wrote:

> 2009/7/1 john lewis <johnlewis@???>:
> > Hi Alan
> >
> > regrettably I still got an error when I tried booting the 2.6.30
> > kernel this morning
> >
> > failed to load image "advansys/mcode.bin" err-2
> >

> Bit of a shame that the kernel does not output the full path in that
> message! I seem to remember that there was a way to find out the full
> path it is actually looking for, but I don't remember how.

before I put those files into /lib/firmware/advansys/ the error messages
I got did give the path it was searching as /lib/firmware, so I think
it has to be a problem with 'mcode.bin', as from memory, that was
the last file of the four it was trying to find.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop