Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing

Author: Anton Piatek
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing
> Heres what you do. Go into synaptic, select all of the OO progs, and
> just see the total MB at the bottom that your system is going to remove.
> I can tell you that MS Office is, at worst, only 2/3 the size.

The space OO.org needs is not going to require me to buy a new disk -

> I had my watch counting the seconds that it took to load OO writer, then
> did the same with MS Word under Crossover, and it was definitely more
> than 5 seconds, which might not sound a lot, but its the fact.

Less that 2 sec on my 5 year old 2ghz laptop... Is that too slow?

Personally I am finding openoffice 3.0.1 fantastic

I rarely use it though so have no reason to complain, and even less
reason to think about buying MS Office

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@???

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.