Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing
On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 13:07 +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:59:51PM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Damian Brasher<lug@???> wrote:
> > > Some of you may know this, anti-aliasing has been available since 7th May.
> > > Great news and I am already getting stuck in to some new illustrations.
> >
> > Is it still a bloated an unstable pile of crap?
>
>    Their aims appear to be to reproduce MS Office exactly, so yes.

Ive never found MS Office to be bloated. But then all Ive needed is
Word, Excel and Outlook. Im currently running Those three MS products
under Crossover & Ubuntu 9.04, and found that they are only 197mb
install, whereas OO is roundabout the 350-400mb size, and OO doesnt
include email which is extra (Evolution). Plus MS runs faster under
Crossover compared to the OO alternatives, by a minimum of at least 4
seconds.

Ive never heard of anti-aliasing (thingy) and my post is probably
pointless and not worth reading. MS in the context of what your
discussing probably is bloated. But I wanted to point out that MS
Office, in the general scheme of things, is actually better than OO, if
you are just looking for Word and Excel. But then everything has its
good points, and bad points too.

Now your all wondering whether 4 seconds is worth it, but then that
depends on your sex, and what your minds are thinking of at the