Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OOo 3.1 supports anti-aliasing
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:07:55 +0100
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:59:51PM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Damian
> > Brasher<lug@???> wrote:
> > > Some of you may know this, anti-aliasing has been available since
> > > 7th May. Great news and I am already getting stuck in to some new
> > > illustrations.
> >
> > Is it still a bloated an unstable pile of crap?
>
>    Their aims appear to be to reproduce MS Office exactly, so yes.

I need to be able to open MSword files fairly regularly and it does
that pretty well. I don't know how it copes with any of the fancy
stuff some MS users seem to think desirable but the fairly simple
files I get sent are no problem.

It doesn't take quite so long to load these days, though that might
because I now have a faster system with lots more memory.

It doesn't appear to be unstable but then I dont' actually use it much
and only have writer and calc installed. That was one big improvement
when it got broken down into individual components rather than have to
install everything.

Incidentally the version of OOo that Damien refers to appeared in
Debian Sid some weeks ago :-)

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop