Re: [Hampshire] Ergo Microlite xl 1.4Ghz

Author: john
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ergo Microlite xl 1.4Ghz
Hi

Ubuntu 8.10 does work on machines with 256MB of memory. The problem seems
that the OS is accesing a bit of hardware which then misbehaves. I have seen
this type of thing before.

Try DSL and see what happens. Try Knoppix in safe mode. Then try Ubuntu
again with the appropriate system tweaks.

John Eayrs