Re: [Hampshire] Computer monitor strange behaviour

Author: Owain Clarke
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Computer monitor strange behaviour

2009/6/8 Vic <lug@???>

I have an old style computer monitor - probably 6 or 7 years old - which
has recently begun behaving oddly.  It suddenly goes a deep purple
colour.

It's probably the monitor dying - but before you bin it, *check* it's not
something silly like the cable starting to fall out...

Very sound advice! I once had an excellent >3rd hand (ADT? ADI? can't
remember the make) 17 inch monitor, showed exactly your symptoms then
went purple permanently. Turned out one of the pins on the video cable
had got bent and wasn't actually going into the socket.

Thanks as always for everyone's responses.  Don't want to sound
ungrateful, Andy, but I think I'll check the connections as suggested,
keep milking it until it dies, and then go for that "nice new flat
screen" as suggested by Paul - my study will feel a lot nicer then!

Owain