Re: [Hampshire] Computer monitor strange behaviour

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Computer monitor strange behaviour

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Owain Clarke wrote:

> I have an old style computer monitor - probably 6 or 7 years old -

By old style you mean CRT?

> All in all I assume my monitor is dying, but I just thought I'd ask if
> it sounds familiar to anyone, so I don't have to buy a new one before I
> have to.

Sounds like it to me, I've seen CRT monitors which go strange colours
while on their way out before, though I don't think I've ever seen one
that can be recovered by switching virtual terminals (but maybe I've never
tried that).

If you are interested I have a 17" CRT you could have for the cost of
coming to collect it from Basingstoke...

Andy