[Hampshire] Computer monitor strange behaviour

Author: Owain Clarke
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Computer monitor strange behaviour
I have an old style computer monitor - probably 6 or 7 years old - which
has recently begun behaving oddly. It suddenly goes a deep purple
colour. It can be revived by going onto a virtual terminal then
switching back. It's on a dual boot Linux and Windows computer and
happens on both, so I know it's not the OS. Dmesg doesn't give any
information.

All in all I assume my monitor is dying, but I just thought I'd ask if
it sounds familiar to anyone, so I don't have to buy a new one before I
have to.

Owain Clarke