Re: [Hampshire] GPG/PGP Users

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GPG/PGP Users
On Wed, 6 May 2009 22:44:51 +0100
"Dr A. J. Trickett" <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spotted this today on the DA.org web site: HOWTO prep for migration
> off of SHA-1 in OpenPGP.
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

it would be very well if I could get those suggestions to work

the "cat >> etc" didn't seem to do anything and I had to 'vim
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf' in order to add those two lines

then when it came to "gpg --edit-key $KEYID" I can't seem to work out
what is required in place of $KEYID.

I assumed it meant something from my ~/me.pub.asc file but nothing I
enter does anything and even if it did I have no idea if I set it up
with a passphrase or not, something which seems to be required after
doing the setpref command

/me will stick with what I have since I almost never sign anything
these days

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop