Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?

Author: gully gaoler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Jon Wilks <jonnyx10e3@???> wrote:
> Lots of food for thought there.  I'm going to try and get a VDU
> assessment from my work and try that angle but in the meantime I shall
> see what my local PC world can offer.
>
> Interestingly enough, It is my belief that the shoulder issues first
> arose when I recently had a big bout of documentation to produce.  My
> work have recently converted us all to MS Office 2007 and it is a lot
> more mouse intensive than the previous version because of that ribbon
> menu at the top.  Where I can remember the old keyboard shortcuts I'm ok
>  but the options where I used to rely upon the menu are now gone.  If it
> was not for company policy I would install OOO.
>
> Thanks to all who replied.
>
> Jon.
>
> --
> Jon Wilks
> PGP key 0xFA593C1A from hkp://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net
>
> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

after suffering some arm pain about 6 years ago i bought a logitech
wireless trackman optical, like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-904369-0914-Wireless-TrackMan-Optical/dp/B00006FMH1/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241030942&sr=1-9

the pain cleared up in a couple of weeks and i've stayed with the
trackball ever since. i use the trackball at work and a mouse at home.

i find that the trackball is a little slower to use than the mouse,
and it took a while to get used to dragging things.

recommended!

jack