[Hampshire] Fedora 10: not at all glitch free audio

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Fedora 10: not at all glitch free audio
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have my new shiney Fedora 10 install, one of the things that attracted
me was the new Pulse glitch free audio, audio playback has never been
great in Linux, especially with multiple sources, I hate the fact that 50%
of the time I end up having to close an app because it has hogged the
audio output so nothing else will play.

But this new Pulse audio won't play anything correctly without glitching
all the time. I get stops and starts and stutters. Yes I can play multiple
sources more easily but they all glitch.

I still haven't re-installed from scratch, so I want to do that before
raising the bug, just to be certain it isn't some hangover from my old
install, but does anyone else have this problem?