Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?

Author: Ritchie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?
Further to my email below, I have finished the upgrade to ubuntu 8.10
and all seems well. The upgrade itself was quick to download (at about
2356kbps) so no server problems at the moment. All my "weird" hardware
components seem to work fine and boot time seems to be quicker. A few
apps seem to open faster too which is always good especially as I have
read reports that ubuntu is getting slower with each release since 7.10.

One point worth noting is when it restarts your machine turn it off
rather than let it just restart as a soft reset doesn't quite do the job.

In a way it was quite boring as I was expecting a host of issues to sort
out!

Ritchie