Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?

Author: Charlie de Courcy
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?

> Has anyone upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid yet? I'll be interested to
> know how it went.

I upgraded to the RC on my desktop/server a few days ago. I had some
issues with network-manager due to a prior fix on
/etc/network/interfaces but managed to isolate the problem eventually.

There doesn't seem an awful lot of difference; a few gui changes and
integration of pidgin into the 'user switch' ment (I'm not sure about
this!!).
AWN has gone sketchy again, things aren't compositing properly (white
areas).
Conky has decided it will only now display half the output of one of my
scripts...

Noticeable improvements certainly around Flash (fullscreen framerate is
much improved, and I was having some serious "grey box" issues on firefox).
I'm yet to play with the encrypted folders yet. I have a trip to the US
in a week or so and I don't want to give them excuse to confiscate my
laptop - so I shall await until my return!

I'm just upgrading the laptop as we speak. Apparently I've got about 22
mins remaining on the install :) everything appears well so far.

Charlie