Re: [Hampshire] Netbook excitement

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netbook excitement
Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> So far, I'm very happy with my purchase, so I offer this as a
> possible alternative approach.....

And why not? IBM TP's are great and have a good track record. With my
sys-admin hat on I wouldn't buy these for all my staff, unless they really
wanted one. These machines are good for home or small office use where
power consumption is an issue and my wife happily picked it up while
watching TV and surfed.

We don't know how reliable they are long term, they are not the solution
for GUI desktop power users, for me at home and in my home office it's
pretty well spot on. The Acer does not feel fragile to me, but I know
where you are coming from.

For work I definitely need my Dell workhorse for reliability, power, disk
space and so on and would not use anything else, at home a low power PC in
every other room is ideal.

For serious work they have their place already I think.

Damian
--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Quick and low-cost way to make an environment