Re: [Hampshire] Why I like Perl

Author: Steve Kemp
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Why I like Perl
On Wed Oct 15, 2008 at 03:57:42 +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:

> Llama is a must read though, now one of my favorite tech books of
> all time, Schwart, Pheonix & foy actually managed to make me laugh a
> few times just at the right time:) not sure who the funny one of the three is.

Good book yes.

If you've not already seen it then you might like:

    http://www.perlmonks.org/

> It's great so far - still new to me but have just finishing tapping out my
> first reasonable sized app. Yep, shhhhh, you guessed it
> diap-alpha-dev-v0.1 in Perl at long last...bit br0ken in places but
> written.

:)

Most of the sites I code are all written in Perl, using a combination
of CGI::Application, and HTML::Template:

    http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?CGI::Application
    http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?HTML::Template

Steve
--