[Hampshire] reverse DNS lookup tools?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] reverse DNS lookup tools?
Hi,

what tools do people prefer to use to do IP address lookups? I am
often in the situation where I see something a bit curious in an
Apache server log and want to see where a browser client is coming
from.

I copy/paste the IP address (e.g. 123.123.123.123) into a shell window to run:

$ whois 123.123.123.123

$ nslookup 123.123.123.123

$ dig 123.123.123.123

One of these may come up with something useful such as the
organisation or originating country or something to satisfy my
curiosity and soothe (or raise) my concerns.
But the above set of commands include a load of output that I don't
understand and do not always agree on who/where a connection is coming
from.

Anybody got an ubertool that does better?