[Hampshire] [OT] Apologies for Japanese

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Apologies for Japanese
Having finally succeeded in getting my granddaughter's laptop accepting
Japanese from the keyboard in an en-GB version with a UK keyboard, I tried to
do the same in my own Lenny desktop so that I could at least thank her
Japanese family in their own language.

I seem to have succeeded in getting a system that doesn't know what its
identity is, with various bits in Japanese so that I have to ask my
granddaughter what my box is trying to tell me - and I still can't input
Japese from the keyboard. :-(

And meanwhile I cannot do anything about the Japanese that it _is_ inserting,
e.g. on my emails. :-(

Lisi