Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Phone Spam

Author: Gordon Scott
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Phone Spam

The spam 'phone calls can be quite fun if you're in the mood.

Sometimes I just say "No Thanks" and hang up, but..

They usually use a typically English name, so "Oh, that's an unusual
Indian name!" can confuse them a bit. When they ask again if I'm Mr.
Scott I may say "No, my name's Deepak/Sanjiv/Raj/whatever". "What part
of India are you from?",

When they try to sell, I listen a bit to what it is, then try to sell
the same thing to them. If the call goes on long enough, I start to get
"grumpy" and ask them, if they don't want what I'm selling, why did they
call me?

G.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.