Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Phone Spam

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Phone Spam
Gordon Scott wrote:
> The spam 'phone calls can be quite fun if you're in the mood.

If I'm feeling particularly intolerant I suggest that they might take up
employment in some more socially acceptable occupation:
1) Arms dealer
2) Drugs smuggler
3) Pimp and/or Prostitute (usually both)
They usually hand up by this point, but I did one occasion manage to
provoke a stream of abuse from one female caller from the U.S.A. who was
trying to sell Caribbean holidays.

Alternately, as our phone is adjacent to our front door, as the
conversation begins, I quietly open the door, and ring the doorbell
which quite loud. "Excuse me a moment. Someones at the front door".
At which time I lay down the phone, close the door, and carry on with
what ever I was doing before the phone call.