Re: [Hampshire] [OT] USB mass storage device camera

Author: James Ogden
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] USB mass storage device camera
2008/4/29 Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???>:
> The simple reason is that the battery drain during this file transfer can be quite horrific. This can be very important with Point & Shoot Cameras where sometimes the battery has a pretty small capacity(watts).

<pedant>
You mean J (or mAh if you must)
</pedant>

> It is far better to remove the media card and plug it into the computer using one of the many chap CF/SD adapters.
>
> This way, you can be taking more piccies while the other one is having its contents copied to the computer.

I find that I'm only worried about reading the pictures when I'm done
taking them - I'm really unlikely to fill 2G in a single trip (unless
it's a _proper_ holiday. The supplied USB lead works really well for
me (the battery load doesn't seem to have a significant effect)

That said, my last camera would take 40 photos _or_ copy 40 photos to
the computer on a single set of batteries. I moved the card around
for that one.

James