Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems
John Lewis Wrote:

> Having looked at commercial web hosting I realise the cost is way
> beyond my means so can anyone suggest/offer an alternative please?

John,

I like this company, based in Ireland, I use them for web-hosting and DNS.
Very reasonable in price and extremely helpful as well as fast support
response times. http://www.blacknight.com/ Highly Linux focussed. I really
like the Direct Admin web management interface http://www.directadmin.com/
that Black-Night deploy and the servers are fast. I will buy more services
from them in the future.

I did try http://www.interhost.co.uk/ for a while but not for me after
all, perhaps it was a name conflict (interlinux:) or something but they
seemed OK, but a little too pricey:)

I don't archive for more than a couple family and friends now as I'm
concentrating on development and my work at the Uni.

--
Damian Brasher

http://www.diap.org.uk

All mail scanned by clam-av http://www.clamav.net/