Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:41:39 +0100
Phil Clarke <phil@???> wrote:

> > I can recommend BitFolk (www.bitfolk.co.uk) -- they can provide a
> > VPS with full control over everything.

> A very definite +1 on the recommend for BitFolk.

That makes two recommends for BitFolk.

I have in fact had an email from Andy and am definitely considering
using them.

My original calculation of space needs was out (I think)
by a factor of 1024! those Kb, Mb and Gb get me all confused but if I
am right it means I only need the smallest of the packages on offer
and I could afford that cost without needing any ads or contribs
from users as Sean suggested.

Finally, thanks Jacqui for the offer of backups. I have in fact
started a daily rsync of the data from /var/lib/geneweb to my
local main box having sorted out the correct 'spell' at the LUG meet
on Saturday.

I'll also copy the data from my local box to my local server which is
probably a safer place to keep it as it has 3 disk, hot swappable,
scsi raid and even 3 ways of doing backups (CD writer, zip drive and
tape)

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server