Re: [Hampshire] Website Compatibility

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Website Compatibility
On Wednesday 26 March 2008 11:58:22 Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> A friend has just been informed from a "help" desk that she cannot make an
> on-line booking because the website is "only compatible" (sic) with
> Internet Explorer.

:-(

> Can this be true?

Possibly :-(

> How?

Because sheep like to be herded?? Because the "help desk" doesn't know any
better???

A client of mine (who uses Thunderbird - well, she _is_ a client of
mine ;-) ) once rang her ISP's helpdesk with an email problem and the
support bod told her she had to use Lookout; and talked her through setting
it up. They somehow convinced her that the emails she got through Lookout
were different from those accessed by T'bird and that she had to use Lookout
to get all her mail. "But I do miss my Thunderbird."

Needless to say, she is now back using T'bird. But she took some convincing
that in doing so she would not lose any of her emails. And that she couldn't
use POP3 on both simultaneously.

Lisi