[Hampshire] Be There?

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Be There?
Sorry, this is going to be a typical ISP review request. ;)

I get about 1.2Mbps down and 448kbps up on my current ADSL connection,
which I believe to be an "up to 2Mbps" service, originally via Force9,
now via Plusnet (owned by BT). A long time ago we were promised free
upgrades to the 8Mbit service (ADSL Max) but this has failed to
materialise. Having checked the BT information on our location exchange,
the upgrade work has been completed.

I also checked the Bethere site and it is promising "up to" 24Mbps
connection on our line too. Now, I realise that our line probably won't
deliver the full speed. It's never been the same since the builders put
an angle grinder through it. But the Bethere product is about the same
price as I pay for the current connection, even if I only get half the
maximum speed, I'd be happy.

So.... have people had good experiences with Bethere? Or are people like
A&A worth the better service at lower speeds?

Tony