[Hampshire] ZFS or equivalent available for Linux?

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] ZFS or equivalent available for Linux?
I have just had a quick look at this
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/docs/zfs_last.pdf

and I want some!

I have not really got my head round LVM. I did have a play with it
for a bit, but decided I did not really need it.

I have setup a mirrored drive.

From reading the little I have about ZFS, it seems like it ticks all
the right boxes for me. Being able to roll back files, recover from
disk crashes and expand the storage with simple commands looks
great. Unfortunately, it looks like there is a problem with the
license, and my not get ported to Linux.

Does anybody know different? Is there another file system that looks
this good that is available in Linux?

--
        _
    ,--(_)