Re: [Hampshire] Compiz Fusion

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Compiz Fusion
Peter Salisbury wrote:
> Also I can't
> seem to get the 'water' plugin to do anything, but I don't know what
> I'm looking for anyway!

If I am interpreting it right, that statement just about sums it up with
regard to eye-candy: Is it working? I dunno... what is it meant to look
like?

:)

I played with Beryl a while back and quickly tired of wobbly windows and
fancy fades. I was about to uninstall when the decision was taken out of
my hands, so to speak, when the repository I was using simply
disappeared and broke it during an upgrade. I removed all trace of it
and haven't missed it since. Very little, if indeed any of it, enhanced
usability IMHO, and I found myself questioning the reliability of code
from repositories that were there one minute and gone the next.

Sean