Re: [Hampshire] Print sharing problem

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Print sharing problem

On Wed, June 27, 2007 09:03, Jacqui caren wrote:
> Samuel Penn wrote:
>> That's pretty much what I do. Laptop (MS Windows) on VPN,
>> but can still talk to the local printer. I actually talk
>> to the printer directly (via IP) rather than using CUPS/Samba,
>> because I couldn't get that to work in the 30 seconds I
>> dedicated to the task.
>
> The only situation were I saw thishappen with open* was when
> te printerwas on a local subnet (say 10.1.0.0) and the
> remote VPN subnet was identical - routing onthe desktop
> meant that print requests ended up upon the remote network.

I think it's a Samba config issue. I can talk to samba and
browse the shared file system, and I can see the printers
listed on the network, but Windows didn't seem to be able
to do anything with them. Can't remember what the errors
were now, since I'm actually working in the office this
week.

--
Be seeing you,            Web: www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                    GTalk: sam@???