Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] TiddlyWiki
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56fb5100.hantslug.org.uk.21694': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jun 3 18:20:43 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
Hi Andy,

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 13:00 -0400, Andy Random wrote:
> The options you refer to are browser specific (I assume they are saved as
> cookies or some such rather than in the TW file itself), I get exactly
> the same behaviour if I edit a TW file in both IE and FF.

There definitely won't be cookies involved. Cookies don't get delivered
by locally opened applications. It probably saves the data as hidden
javascript fields inside the html page.

> TW even tells you this in the sidebar where the options are presented:
>
> "These InterfaceOptions for customising TiddlyWiki are saved in your
> browser"
>
> So while TW might not be Opera friendly (yet) this particular issue is
> nothing to do with Opera.

I suspect it is. I think it's the way Opera deals with the potential
security of allowing a web page to make changes to the local filesystem.
I guess that opera doesn't allow this to happen whereas other browsers
issue a warning (ff does this) and then offer you the option of letting
it happen or not.

All just speculation of course, I should just look at the code :)

Cheers,
Al.