Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing
On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:42:22 +0100
Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:

> > I got the TiddlySaver.jar file some time back and created
> > the .java.policy file as follows
> >
> > grant codeBase "file:${~}/home/jayell/Notes/*"
> > {
> > permission java.io.FilePermission
> > "${~}${/}jayell${/}Notes${/}*", "read,write$
> > };
> >
> > but don't think I have the syntax correct as Opera still says:-
> >
> > "It's not possible to save changes. This could be because your
> > browser doesn't support saving (instead, use FireFox if you can),
> > or because the pathname to your TiddlyWiki file contains illegal
> > characters"
> >
> > > Note that there is currently a bug that prevents TiddlySaver
> > > from working if you have specified a backup directory in
> > > AdvancedOptions.
> >
> > I'm also not sure what this refers to, Advanced Options of what??
>
> The TW has an Advanced Options page which allows you to set things
> like whether you want it to generate an RSS feed. You get to it by
> expanding the options panel (click on 'options' in the right hand
> panel in TW) and then clicking on AdvancedOptions at the bottom.

I checked this and I don't have a backup directory specified.

There is another oddity. If I open TW in iceweasel amend username and
set options and save, the next time I open the file in Iceweasel I
see the latest amendments to options OK and the username is what I
set it to be.

If I then open the amended file in Opera I get the default
YourName and the options I set using Iceweasel don't show up.

I'll just have to accept that TW is read-only in Opera

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package