Re: [Hampshire] Result of the Ubuntu Challenge

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: stephen.davies
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Result of the Ubuntu Challenge
On 13/05/07, Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???> wrote:
> James,
> My system has the soundcard still installed. All that needs to be done
> is rename the driver and load it.
> So, yes the system can be tested without having to install Ubuntu from new.
> The box is currently in Aldershot but if you want to borrow it for a
> week then no problem
>
> Stephen D

I have just tried booting a Ubuntu desktop CD with the SBLive24
(snd-ca0106 driver) and it boots to the desktop fine. So, your setup
must be different in some way. I would like to therefore have a play
with your system. Will 2 weeks time be ok. I don't have time this week
or next to take a look.

James