Re: [Hampshire] DVD/CDROM problems with Ubuntu Feisty

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD/CDROM problems with Ubuntu Feisty
On Sat, 12 May 2007 09:27:15 +0100
"Adam Cripps" <kabads@???> wrote:

> Errors with a disk fresh out of the box: [1]
>
> One thing I noticed about the differences between your report and my
> report was that I have
> atapi: 1
>
> Is atapi still used with the 2.6 kernel? If not, why has it been
> picked up by ubuntu and can it be switched off?

That I don't know, someone else may be able to comment

> There is also a bug on launchpad about hal not recognising blank
> media and my update manager currently wants to update hal. So, I'll
> send this email and then update, reboot and report any differences.

I don't have any hal stuff installed so don't know if this would make
any difference - I think hal is a gnomish thing and I detest gnome, I
merely dislike KDE though it has its uses in the process of
converting winusers to a proper OS since it "looks" familiar :-)

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package