Re: [Hampshire] sarge to etch upgrade - signature problems

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] sarge to etch upgrade - signature problems

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5864b100.hantslug.org.uk.5176': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 9 11:05:55 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:52:30PM +0100, Simon Reap wrote:
> I would normally, in this case, apt-get purge the offending packages,
> then install debian-keyring, then reinstall the failed ones. Except of
> course if I purge apt-get, I can't install anything! (I assume that the
> apt package include the underlying code for dpkg, too).

Purging apt should be OK -- you will still have dpkg installed. You
will have to handle installing the .debs manually, but if you know how
to use dpkg, that should be easy for you.

> Is it possible to get apt to give up, temporarily, trying to setup these
> three packages? I've tried an aptitude hold, but it still tried to do
> the setup.

I'm not sure how you can do that.

Have you tried grabbing the keys from a keyserver and inserting
them manually?

$ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys <keyid>
$ gpg --export --armor <keyid> | sudo apt-key add -

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
           --- There are three mistaiks in this sentance. ---