Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Fintan Gaughan wrote:
>> p.s. FYI it is worth considering dropping all .de addresses from any
>> mailing lists you operate as well - FWIHBT this also cuts down the
>> amount of paperwork you have to deal with as germany is in the eu
>> and thier strict laws now apply to any uk list operator.
>>

> Perhaps you could write a tutorial on how to black list these domains ;-)

On the inbound side I add a pattern to assp. (sf.net) to block
domains I dont like.

In a subscription form I would add

if ($email_domain =~ m/\.de$/) {
}

or similar to the address validation code of whatever subscription
server I am using.

The subscription systems I have used had address validation and
adding the above perl code was relatively noddy. Getting it to
read the RE part from a config files was just as simple.

Jacqui