Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Vic wrote:
> *Every* ISP should have an inflexible attitude to spam.

From the other side...

And everyone who has been defamed by morons who think the gmail "junk"
button is a delete button should blacklist aol,gmail and yahoo domains.

Even gmail staff have admitted this is a problem but will not stop
automated complaints going out for every email 'Junked'.

Also, if like craigslist, all list managers blacklisted these domains
they *might* just do something about thier "junk button = spam"
volumes generated.

In reality, common sense should prevail - but in currently it seems the
"jobsworths" have the upper hand :-)

Any by far and a away the vast volume of spam getting past my filters
comes from yahoo.com.* and general APNIC IP's.

Last list I ran (confirmed opt in with logs) rejected signups from all
of the above and my "workload" dropped to almost nothing...

Jacqui

p.s. FYI it is worth considering dropping all .de addresses from any
mailing lists you operate as well - FWIHBT this also cuts down the
amount of paperwork you have to deal with as germany is in the eu
and thier strict laws now apply to any uk list operator.