[Hampshire] IRC registration

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] IRC registration
Hi List

Even though I have been using Linux for seven years I have never ventured
into using IRC, most of my contacts use MSN or other protocols and I use
Gaim to pick everything up. However the Lug has an IRC channel and I have
been doing my homework and reading about the controls for use with a
shell.

My question is that after logging in to register a nick (I have chosen
EPIC) to ~#epic -c irc.lug.org.uk and then entered after >/nick mynick
following the instructions from http://wiki.blitzed.org/New_users

>/msg NickServ REGISTER password e-mail

substituting e-mail for my email address I have no email response and have
checked spam.

Where have I gone wrong or does it take some time for the email to be
delivered?

Damain B

--
Damian Brasher