Re: [Hampshire] SIP based IP phone app.

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SIP based IP phone app.

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57084100.hantslug.org.uk.13176': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Feb 26 11:52:16 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Vic wrote:
>> Can anyone explain why a VoIP phone connection is more useful than a
>> conventional phone?
>
> Here's how I use it.
>
> Someone calls the office. I answer the phone. I take the call, I might
> transfer it to a colleague, but things get sorted.
>
> The office is in Portsmouth. I'm still in bed in Southampton. My colleague
> is in Emsworth. The customer need never know...

I sort of mis-read that at first glance:

The customer is in Portsmouth, you're in bed with your colleague,
Emsworth in Southampton.

:)

Tony