Re: [Hampshire] Debian Woody

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Woody
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:23:04 +0000
hantslug@??? wrote:

> If I wanted to use woody in a sources.list, would I just substitute
> "woody" for "sarge" (in my own sources.list)? (This is for legacy
> hardware that doesn't play nicely with "modern" distros!)

Lisi have a look at http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/

you will see that Woody was obsoleted by sarge and that there are
no longer any security updates.

To install it you will need a Debian 3.0 CD or possibly a boot
floppy set if the hardware doesn't support booting from CD.

You will probably find the installer a bit daunting as it is the
original text based one.

The install instructions are linked to from the above URL

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application