Re: [Hampshire] Continuing problems with GRUB [was: problems…

Author: hantslug
To: hants, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Continuing problems with GRUB [was: problems with editing GRUB}
On Saturday 17 Feb 2007 19:42, Damian Brasher wrote:
> If all else fails you could create a floppy or usb boot disk and see if
> these work (for testing).

That I haven't tried and it would certainly be worth a try. But perhaps after
a night's sleep and in daylight. I have (I think) disconnected the floppy
drive, so would need to go back into the innards. (Something to do with how
far the power cables on the PSU will stretch. And with my not being able to
face taking an HDD out and moving it when I had only just put it in.... )

But I am really grateful for the continuing suggestions.

And no, I have not updated the BIOS. And flashing a BIOS is also something
that I don't think I should try for the first time when I am half-asleep. So
that too is for another day....

But I shall certainly aim to try both suggestions, tho' possibly when I have
tried the others...

Thanks again,
Lisi