Re: [Hampshire] Is it safe to delete... (Episode 2 of virus …

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is it safe to delete... (Episode 2 of virus saga)
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:03:07 +0000
hantslug@??? wrote:

> when, last month, I changed his 6/7 year old 17 inch Iiyama for a
> brand spanking new 17 inch TFT he muttered darkly: "I can see why
> you want to do it, but I like my monitor." I daren't change his
> email client!!

I know what you mean, my other half could easily make the switch to
Linux I am sure but doesn't want to give up using Family Tree Maker
in spite of the fact she already uses an on-line version of Geneweb
for her public facing database so could just as easily use the copy of
Geneweb on my local server for her local database. I think she is
afraid she might lose some of her _extensive_ notes in the conversion
from FTM > gedcom > GeneWeb.

Eudora is going to be open sourced in April 2007 so could get ported
to Linux (there is a Mac OS/X version already) in which case she
wouldn't even have to switch email client and she already uses Opera
so would hardly notice the change of OS.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application