Re: [Hampshire] [Portsmouth LUG] Help! Speaker(s) and or hel…

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: Jeffrey Best
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, Portsmouth LUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Portsmouth LUG] Help! Speaker(s) and or helpers/teachers needed for August.
On Monday 25 July 2016 19:37:34 Jeffrey Best wrote:
> I have a talk, "A Whistle-stop Tour of jQuery and Node.JS", ready to
> roll if you are desperate. It isn't very exciting.

Thank you, Jeffrey. Yes, please. But how now do I publicise a talk you have
already told everyone you think is dull???! ;-) It actually sounds to me
very interesting - so could I have a short résumé to put on our website? And
at least only Hants and Portsmouth LUGs have been told that in interesting
subject is unexciting. ;-) You ask my husband - he thinks that everything we
do is dull!

The eye of the beholder springs to mind. I was taken once to a Test match at
Edgbaston. I stuck it for an hour: an hour of being told to "ssshhh" every
time I tried to find out what was happening. (I could see what was
happening: nothing was happening. So why were people applauding?) I then
crossed the road to the library at the Midlands Arts Centre and read some of
the (interesting) books.

So that is remote servers, a demonstration; and a talk on two useful Open
Source Java related web resources. (See, I need that talk!)

Any more offers, anyone?

Lisi