[Hampshire] Future Speakers

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Future Speakers
A trailer of what you can expect from Portsmouth Linux User Group over the
next few months. You are all, of course, invited.

We have some treats in store. Paul Tansom of Aptanet, our esteemed Webmaster
and Listmaster, will tell us about Piwigo and SSL certificates. Prue Amner
will be talking about the dawn of computing. (She gave up active programming
and development in 1979!) We normally like things to be Unixy and Open
Source. But the subject of Prue's talk, “The first interactive computer
system to design real buildings”, antedates both. :-/ And Matt Withers, of
the University of Portsmouth Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation, will be
giving us his delayed talk. He has changed the subject
from “Astrophotography & FOSS” to a broader one, “Open Source Science”,
though he says that "there will still be plenty of astro in there".
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/index.html

So we have May, June and August. Any offers for July?? Come on those of you
who have said that you will talk - go firm on a date and give us an
unprecedented four talks up at once!!

A reminder that our next meeting will be from 13:00 to 18:00 on Saturday 21st
May in the Broad Oak Sports and Social Club.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html