Re: [Hampshire] Dead touch pad on laptop that use to work ok…

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dead touch pad on laptop that use to work okay
On Monday 04 Apr 2016 15:15:36 Ally Biggs wrote:
> Have you tried it on another O/S? / live distro. Could also be a sign of
> liquid damage just chucking some ideas out there

Not tried another OS yet, but as it's running Debian stable and as I've not
done anything too it, I don't think it's software, but I can always try to boot
it off a live USB disk (it has no optical drive).

Definitely no liquid damage, it's in near mint condition considering it's age.
I've even teased open the case and the ribbon cables look good.

As I said the buttons work fine and the FN+F1 combination still works at
turning the touch pad on and off...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel
certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and
understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.
    -- Bertrand Russell