[Hampshire] Dead touch pad on laptop that use to work okay

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Dead touch pad on laptop that use to work okay
Hi,

I've a 6 year old Novatech laptop and the touch pad just stopped responding.

I can still see that the kernel has detected an touch pad device and the
buttons in it still work, as does the Fn+F1 to turn it on and off (well it
turns the buttons on and off). I can use a external mouse - which is better in
most respects - but it's still annoying.

Anyone have any bright ideas? It's not been dropped, abused or had any
significant changes made to it. It us running Debian stable.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

People from bad areas steal your phone but people from good
areas steal your pension
    -- The Spectator