Re: [Hampshire] avconv

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Peter Alefounder, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] avconv
On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 17:31 +0000, Peter Alefounder wrote:

> Thanks to all for the comments. I still think something I could use
> from the command line would be easier - a simple shell script loop.

Did you look further at sox for conversion?

Chris Liddell said he used it to resample, but it does many more things
than that.

You may well find that the following just works:

sox mytrack.flac mytrack.mp3

If not, try deliberately converting in two stages:

sox mytrack.flac mytrack.wav
sox mytrack.wav mytrack.mp3

That would allow you to verify that the .wav itself is sensible.

--
Gordon Scott.    Electronics and software engineering.
        Basingstoke UK

But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh
we deprive a soul of the sun and light,
and of that proportion of life and time
it had been born into the world to enjoy.
=== Plutarch AD44-120