Re: [Hampshire] avconv

Author: Chris Liddell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] avconv
On 09/03/16 17:31, Peter Alefounder wrote:
> Andrew Howe suggested:
>
> Thanks to all for the comments. I still think something I could use
> from the command line would be easier - a simple shell script loop.

I have a (very specific to my computer) bash script which converts flac
to mp3 by decompressing the flac to wav, then using lame to encode the
wav to mp3. Then it copies the specific id3 tags from the flac, and
writes them to the mp3.

For some reason, since I reinstalled my main machine, it craps out on
splitting the directory name, file name, and file extensions... haven't
had time to debug it properly.

If it would help, and if you promise not to complain about the not
working properly, poor error (non-existent!) handling, and probable
major security issues with it, I can put it up somewhere for your
viewing pleasure/horror.....

Chris