Re: [Hampshire] Jessie upgrade question.

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Jessie upgrade question.
On 12/18/15 3:30 PM, Lisi wrote:
> On Friday 18 December 2015 20:13:44 Mike Burrows wrote:
>> Hello Folks.
>>
>> I have just down what I think was a successful upgrade to jessie but
>> lsb_release -a is still reporting a squeeze system. What might I be
>> missing please?
> Did you go straight from Squeeze to Jessie?
>
> Lisi

Hi Lisi.

No ma'am. Followed the release notes to go from squeeze to wheezy, then
wheezy to jessie

That said. I am not sure that even the first upgrade happened because...

In both cases, the apt-get upgrade finishes with a bunch of high to low
warnings about packages. I think these are the change logs. Are they and
does this mean the upgrade hasn't worked? This is the first one on the list:

mysql-5.5 (5.5.33+dfsg-0+wheezy1) wheezy-security; urgency=high

mysql-server-5.5 ships with the upstream mysql_install_db script which
creates a database "test" and sets up permissions that allow anonymous
access, without a password, from localhost to the "test" database and
any databases starting with "test_" that users might have created
after installing mysql-server.

This is the code before the change logs are read:

290 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 830 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/154 MB of archives.
After this operation, 13.5 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y

I tried to start over and this is my current sources.list

#deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main

Thanks for the help so far.

Mike

PS If I wasn't in Alabama, I would bring the box tomorrow :)